Monday, June 23, 2008

Midterm-- Newsletter







Instead of making a food menu, I decided to create a newsletter. On June 13th, I attended and worked at the AAPA (American Amateur Printing Association) Convention held here in Tampa. As a student staff assistant at the University of Tampa Press, I helped the convention run smoothly while also learning a great deal about the art of letterpress printing. The group is currently creating a post-convention newsletter, so I thought I would create my own! The main page is first, with a background for texture. Inside, I balanced scanned images from the convention with text and logos. The front incorporates a few different textured backgrounds: the contents page is a typographic recreation of Gutenburg's type and the other is of an entire font type. It turned out well, and perhaps the other AAPA members will agree :-)

No comments: